Monday, June 7, 2010

Elliot Corner Class of 2007

We sat down with former state qualifier from Peru and current Division 3 Trine Wrestler Elliot Corner:

Q: Tell us about your time here as a wrestler at Peru?

Elliot: My time spent as an athlete changed me not only physically but as a better student. I learned to be committed and because of that here I am today, a college student, something I never expected.


Q: What is your favorite memory from your time with Peru Wrestling?

Elliot:It's hard to say, I have lot's of good memories but qualifying for state and learning the misdirection shot from Kyle Ott himself are two of my favorite.

Q: If you could tell newcomers one thing that you wish you would have known
back then, what would it be?

Elliot: Did you know you can pin yourself? because I didn't. No but seriously, the summer makes champions, if you aren't in the weight room, running and wrestling during the summer don't expect to see much improvement if any in the season. In this sport you either get better or you get worse.

Thanks Elliot and we all look forward to following you next year with the Thunder and watching you one day win a national title!

1 comment: